Senior Lecturer in Marketing
- Full-time Continuing & Newcastle Business School
- Senior Lecturer in Marketing Level C
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you will collaborate with community and industry to create an impact
The Senior Lecturer in Marketing will contribute to the delivery of the University of Newcastle’s Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020–2025 in the field of Marketing, with a particular focus in the areas of strategic marketing, global marketing and/or international marketing
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We cannot do it without you.
We are looking for people to join our university – to bring their exceptional teaching to our region, and to take their research impact to the world with us.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be part of something bigger
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) Accreditation, making NBS one of the top business schools in the world.
In this role you will:
- Be a key member of the Newcastle Business School, the successful candidate will provide excellence in Research and Innovation, and Teaching and Learning in these areas, as well as service and Engagement.
- Make enhancements to course design and deliver courses in strategic marketing, global marketing and/or international marketing, at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Have a productive and consistent record of high-quality publications.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Newcastle City Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
Click the Apply button to access the job application. You will be redirected to the advert on our University of Newcastle jobs page
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will you become part of our community?
- Through development of a global network to support research and teaching activities.
How will we support you?
- The remuneration for this position is from $126,446pa + 17% superannuation.
- The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit us on the link below: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon.
Let us be part of something bigger together.
Please visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/our-uni/jobs/job-vacancies/application-process/submitting-your-application for a guide on how to apply for a role.
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A ‘Cover Letter’ outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- Your ‘CV’, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- A doctoral qualification (PhD) in Marketing with a focus on strategic marketing, global marketing or international marketing
- Demonstrated record of publication output in the areas of strategic marketing, global marketing and/or international marketing in high-quality Marketing outlets, including evidence of international and national research collaborations and/or partnerships and where relevant, by the impact of their research on policy, practice and/or commercialisation.
- Ability to capacitate independent research funding success contributing as a chief investigator including collaborations which create new insights and opportunities for more junior researchers.
- Supervisory skills in active and effective record of supervision honours and masters research projects and primary supervision of Higher Degree by Research students with timely completions in the area of strategic marketing, global marketing and/or international marketing.
- Recent ability to achieve teaching quality as indicated by internal and external surveys and outcomes for students that will improve or innovate in response to feedback.
- Demonstrated recent leadership in learning and teaching activities, including program convening and course coordination, having a central role in course and curriculum development, experience delivering Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and WIL projects at course and program level, and peer mentoring at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate levels.
- Demonstrated outstanding performance in a range of higher-level internal duties, providing a strong contribution to external activities, and developing international collaborations.
For additional information on the position contact Aprof Alicia Kulczynski, Associate Professor, Newcastle Business School, College of Human and social Futures on (02)49216805 or Email: Alicia.Kulczynski@newcastle.edu.au
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 15th August 2022 at 11:59 pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you!