Lecturer in Economics
- Full-time Continuing & New Castle City Campus
- Lecturer in Economics - Level B
- Create world-class research collaborations with leading professionals in a vibrant team
Unique opportunity to join a world leading university as a Lecturer in Economies
Be part of our research community that is changing live
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We cannot do it without you.
We are looking for people to join our university – to bring their exceptional teaching to our region, and to take their research impact to the world with us.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be part of something bigger
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) Accreditation, making NBS one of the top business schools in the world.
In this role you will:
- Combine excellence in academic research with teaching experience you are expected to be a course coordinator and will be gaining recognition at a national level for your contribution to research, teaching, postgraduate supervision, and community engagement.
- Develop and deliver high quality courses in the field of Economics.
- Contributions in research will include the publication of high-quality research outputs and an ability to attract competitive funding. You should have capacity to undertake interdisciplinary research and grow industry-research collaborations.
- As a core member of the Discipline of Business Analytics, Economics and Politics, you will strengthen the group’s reputation in fostering community and work-ready graduates trained in the skills to develop multi-disciplinary and sustainable solutions to key issues and challenges.
- This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Newcastle City Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
Click the Apply button to access the job application. You will be redirected to the advert on our University of Newcastle jobs page
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will you become part of our community?
- Developing and delivering high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Economics.
- Having the capacity to undertake interdisciplinary research, publish in highly ranked journals, and grow industry-research collaborations in the area of Economics.
- Strengthening the group’s reputation in fostering community and work-ready graduates trained in the skills to develop multi-disciplinary and sustainable solutions to key issues and challenges in global and local economic policy.
- By being an energetic, self-motivated team player with a passion for teaching, research, and mentoring.
How will we support you?
- The remuneration for this position is from $103,221pa + 17% superannuation.
- The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit us on the link below: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon.
Let us be part of something bigger together.
Please visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/our-uni/jobs/job-vacancies/application-process/submitting-your-application for a guide on how to apply for a role.
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A ‘Cover Letter’ outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- Your ‘CV’, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- A PhD degree in Economics.
- Demonstrated record of publication or non-traditional research output in high-quality outlets including evidence of international and national research collaborations and/or partnerships.
- Ability to achieve national recognition in their discipline and taking a chief investigator role (often in conjunction with more experienced researchers) in applications for external research funds.
- Skills in active supervision of honours, masters and/or Higher Degree by Research postgraduate research projects.
- Evidence of high-quality teaching in economics and econometrics, including large economics courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as indicated by internal and external surveys and outcomes for students that will improve or innovate in response to feedback.
- Demonstrated recent ability to contribute at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate levels, taking responsibility for the preparation and delivery of course modules and coordinating courses including collaboration in curriculum design and delivery where appropriate.
- Ability to efficiently perform in allocated internal roles, sharing academic service responsibilities, contributing to outcomes of internal committees, and developing external collaborations.
For additional information on the position contact Prof Frank Agbola, Professor, Newcastle Business School, College of Human and Social Futures on (02)4921 2048 or Email: Frank.Agbola@newcastle.edu.au
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday, 15th August 2022 at 11:59 pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you!