Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship
- Full time continuing
- Opportunity to research and teach in entrepreneurship / innovation as well as the related fields of strategy at our internationally renowned and accredited University of Sydney Business School
- Academic Level C/D, Base Salary $138,645 - $183,911.a. + 17% superannuation
- An additional salary supplement may be negotiated with successful applicants, along with startup research funds. Ongoing research support will be available
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research and teaching, and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. We are regarded as a leader in the region and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. The University of Sydney Business School is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies. We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
Our Discipline of Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a new initiative, formed in 2018, and serves as a key plank in the Business School's 'Business Not as Usual' strategy to distinguish itself among the leading Business Schools in Australia. The Discipline is home to a group of highly productive and engaged strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship scholars with diverse research interests. Faculty members employ both qualitative and quantitative research methods and publish in top disciplinary journals, including; Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Journal of Management Studies, Organization Studies and Human Relations.
In Entrepreneurship and Innovation, we aspire to develop evidence-based research with practice implications. Our research helps to shape the evolution of entrepreneurial ecosystems, improves commercialization outcomes for inventors and entrepreneurs both inside and outside academia, and champions social and Indigenous entrepreneurship to co-create culturally informed solutions to community identified challenges. Beyond entrepreneurship, our research engages with innovation management in world-class science institutions and established businesses. We also organize the University of Sydney GENESIS competition, which matches promising and innovative start-ups to mentors and culminates in the award of a grand prize.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop, teach and coordinate entrepreneurship and/or innovation units of study (i.e., courses) to large and culturally diverse cohorts of undergraduate, postgraduate and/or MBA students
- contribute to the research strengths of the Discipline, through regular publication in top tier international journals and securing research grants. Your research could be in the fields of entrepreneurship, innovation, or at their crossroads with strategy
- attract and supervise higher degree research students
- ensure that the Discipline and Business School leverage the engagement and research opportunities generated by its existing programs in entrepreneurship and innovation
- lead, establish and maintain productive connections into the University entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem and engage with the wider entrepreneurship ecosystem.
We are looking for an ambitious mid-career academics at Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor level in entrepreneurship/innovation who possesses:
- a PhD in Entrepreneurship, Innovation or closely related fields
- evidence of successfully pursuing an ambitious research program, measured by publications in high quality refereed journals and secured funding
- demonstrated the ability to deliver high quality teaching and course development of strategy, innovation and/or entrepreneurship units in undergraduate, postgraduate or MBA programs
- shown a commitment to engagement with industry and professional bodies to expand the Business School's program of professional and industry research and educational collaborations
- the ability to work successfully in a team and a commitment to a collegial approach.
We are particularly keen to meet applicants with the capacity to teach entrepreneurship, innovation or potentially strategy.
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience, aspiration and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 18 September 2022
How to apply
© The University of Sydney