Breast Cancer Prevention Senior Research Fellow
- Part time (0.8 FTE) with some flexibility, fixed term until September/October 2024
- Join a team of researchers at the Daffodil Centre, leading the way in breast cancer prevention
- Base Salary from $138,645 (pro-rata) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Daffodil Centre is a world-leading research centre on cancer control and policy, directly influencing near-term policy decisions and real-world improvements in cancer control. The Daffodil Centre combines the complementary strengths of Cancer Council NSW and the University of Sydney to accelerate the realisation of a cancer-free future. The partnership has created an unparalleled centre of national and international research excellence where research results in real-world improvements in cancer control.
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-career researcher to join the breast cancer prevention stream as a Senior Research Fellow. You will have the opportunity to support and lead on existing research work, as well as develop your own research areas in breast cancer prevention.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- lead on research work in breast cancer prevention, including a cancer screening trial under plan in collaboration with Breast Screening Program and other, large, cohort studies
- provide direction and mentorship to early career researchers in the team and the broader Faculty
- design and undertake breast cancer prevention research
- seek out research synergies within the Daffodil Centre research streams.
- holds a PhD in public health or related field
- evidence of public health or cancer-based research experience - breast cancer prevention or population screening preferable
- strong understanding of public research methods such as epidemiology, evidence-based cancer care or screening research
- skills in managing population data sets and an understanding of ethics and expected responsibilities
- developing a national or international research presence through publication and collaboration
- experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Andria Bingham Recruitment Operations, on email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 15 August 2022 11:59 PM