Project Librarian, Data Analytics
Library Management and Administration
Salary: From £34,304 per annum
This post is full time, 37 hours a week and fixed term for 18 months
Closing Date: Wednesday 31 August 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday 27 September 2022
The Library is a key academic support department in the University, providing both students and staff with flexible and responsive services which underpin teaching, learning and research. This is an exciting time to be joining our team as the University launches its new strategic plan. The project outputs will also inform the future direction of the Library strategy.
We are looking for a Project Librarian with proven experience in library data analytics, visualisation and reporting that can develop and implement our plans for library analytics to enhance the student experience. A key output from the project will be to demonstrate our value to stakeholders including faculty, students, and university senior managers.
This is a project based, fixed term, opportunity within the library for an analytics professional with proven skills in and sound knowledge of: -
- Project management
- Using SQL, Google Analytics, PowerBi or similar tools
- Scoping and prioritising key data sets
- Identifying, extracting, analysing, and presenting library data from multiple systems.
- Assessing the impact of our services and resources on learning, research, and customer satisfaction and to underpin our future development.
- How metrics are gathered and applied across HE libraries to inform library strategic developments
- Successfully employing techniques for data manipulation and presentation in user-friendly and accessible formats, ideally in an educational context.
- Using data frameworks and methods to optimise success.
- Presenting information and data in a clear and informative ways to stakeholders.
You will work closely with key members of staff including our library systems staff, planning and business intelligence and colleagues from across the University. The role is a hybrid role, reporting to the Assistant Director E-Strategy, Systems and Resources and will work under the direction of the library project board as required.