Research Fellow / Engineer (Robotics)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to design and develop robotic automation workcells for various protein functional characterization tasks that are in an advanced biotech-based protein production chemical plant.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Understand the requirements in the various protein functional characterization tasks and convert them into technical specifications.
- Design and develop robotic automation workcells for the various protein functional characterization tasks.
- Co-supervise students who are working on the research project.
- Present project outputs through progress reports, technical publications and seminars.
- Engage and communicate with industry partners for deployment of innovative technologies/solutions and visit their plants for scale-up production.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to achieve project milestones.
- Have relevant competency in the areas of robotics, machine automation and mechatronics.
- Competency in programming of commercial industrial robots or collaborative robots will be required.
- Have at least 4 years of work experience in the research and development environment. Applicants with lesser experience but have keen interest in these areas may apply.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree related to Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other relevant disciplines. Possessing a relevant Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge, interest and work experience in setup of robotic automation systems will be favourable.
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time