Senior Lecturer in Management
- Full-time Continuing & Newcastle Business School
- Senior Lecturer Management-Level C
- Be part of the journey in creating a better future for our regions and the globe.
The Senior Lecturer in Management will contribute to the delivery of the University of Newcastle’s Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020–2025 in the field of Management, with a particular focus in the areas of strategic management, international business and/or human resource management.
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We cannot do it without you.
We are looking for people to join our university to bring their exceptional teaching to our region, and to take their research impact to the world with us. As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be part of something bigger
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) Accreditation, making NBS one of the top business schools in the world.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate outstanding performance in a range of higher-level internal duties, providing a strong contribution to external activities, and developing international collaborations.
- Provide excellence in Research and Innovation, and Teaching and Learning in these areas, as well as Service and Engagement
- Required to make enhancements to course design and deliver courses in strategic management, international business and/human resource management, at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Will have a productive and consistent record of high-quality publications in leading Management journals in the areas of strategic management, international business and/or human resource management, with a proven ability to undertake impactful research that attracts external funding and has/or has the potential to attract nationally competitive research funding in these areas
- Have supervised PhD students to completion in at least one of the management specializations mentioned above
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Newcastle City Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
For LinkedIn or sites than do not support external links.
Click the Apply button to access the job application. You will be redirected to the advert on our University of Newcastle jobs page
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will you become part of our community?
- Contribute as a key member of the School
- Develop and mentor students and HRD students
- Provide excellence in Research and Innovation, Teaching and learning and service
How will we support you?
- The remuneration for this position is from $126,446pa + 17% superannuation.
- The University is committed to being a leader in family friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit us on the link below: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon.
Let us be part of something bigger together.
Please visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/our-uni/jobs/job-vacancies/application-process/submitting-your-application for a guide on how to apply for a role.
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A ‘Cover Letter’ outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- Your ‘CV’, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- A PhD in a Management related discipline (Leadership and Management, International Business, or Human Resources Management and Employment Relations).
- Demonstrated record of publication or non-traditional research output in high-quality outlets including evidence of international and national research collaborations and/or partnerships and where relevant, by the impact of their research on policy, practice and/or commercialization.
- Demonstrated capacity for independent external research funding success, contributing as a chief investigator including collaborations which create new insights and opportunities for more junior researchers.
- Supervisory skills in active and effective record of supervision honours and masters research projects and primary supervision of Higher Degree by Research students with timely completions.
- Demonstrate recent ability to achieve teaching quality as indicated by internal and external surveys and outcomes for students that will improve or innovate in response to feedback.
- Demonstrated recent leadership in learning and teaching activities, including undertake program convening and course coordination, having a central role in course and curriculum development, and peer mentoring at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate levels
- Demonstrated outstanding performance in a range of higher level internal duties, providing a strong contribution to external activities, and developing international collaborations.
For additional information on the position contact Ashish Malik, Associate Professor Newcastle Business School on (02)434 84133 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday,11th August 2022 at 11:59 pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you