Research Assistant/Associate, Molecular Basis of Inflammatory Diseases
The RA will join a team that studies the molecular basis of inflammatory diseases using a newly established animal model (mice).
He/ She will provide technical assistant in analysis of mice and cells in culture. Examples of techniques that will be used are genotyping by PCR, western blotting, ELISA, immunostaining and enzymatic assays.
- Bachelors or Masters (preferred) degree in Biology or Biomedicine.
- Experience in research laboratory in academia or industry is an advantage.
- Experience in different molecular biology / cell culture techniques/ animal work is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques.
- Well organized and must carefully document all steps.
- Team player who can communicate well with all team members.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Microbiology And Immunology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12988