Research Fellow, Clinical Trials
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow, Clinical Trials position, in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, with an affiliation with the National University Health System (NUHS) Centre for Healthy Longevity. Appointments will be on a 3-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Centre for Healthy Longevity (CHL), one of 6 Centres of Excellence of the National University Health System (NUHS), aims to be a leading institute for geroscience research and translation globally, renowned for translating research into practice to improve healthspan.
The Research Fellow will undertake research in the interface of epidemiology, pharmacology and biology, testing traits of ageing in well-phenotyped observational cohorts and intervention studies antagonizing aging by applying geroprotectors. Intervention studies include pharmacological and lifestyle approaches. The Research Fellow will work closely with Prof. Andrea B. Maier and the multidisciplinary team of researchers from the Healthy Longevity Translational Research Program and the CHL.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow, Clinical Trials is expected to:
- Participate in initiating and coordinating clinical trials and data coordination on multiple observational and intervention studies antagonizing ageing
- Initiate and participate in designing clinical outcome parameters for geroprotector trials
- Report findings in international peer reviewed journals and relevant information to the general public
- Presentation of data internally and externally
- Train/Teach juniors in the team as well as attachment students
- Work with School of Medicine faculty to design biomarker studies aligned to interventions
- Write and/or assist in writing grants for continued support of research
- Be updated on the latest literature on Geroscience and how our research can help fill the gaps in knowledge or provide solutions
The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD in Medicine, Allied Health, Medical Technology or related disciplines with expertise in human ageing preferable.
- Have knowledge about clinical trials and or observational longitudinal studies
- Have competency in quantitative data analyses
- Possess excellent writing and presentation skills
- Have knowledge in Gerontology / Ageing / Age-related diseases
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature & attention to details
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7239