Research Assistant, Cardio-Sleep Research Study
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for Cardio-Sleep related research study in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Cardio-Sleep team is recruiting research assistant. We are seeking motivated personals to join our team to investigate therapeutic potentials of sleep medicine in the cardiac protection and remodeling. Position and salary will be offered based on educational background and research experiences. The job is available immediately and will be initially contracted for one year and renewable on satisfactory performance.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the trial on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, questionnaires administrating, data collection, data entry, data analysis and related sleep study activities. Secondary role includes ad-hoc administrative duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel and authorities in hospital to smooth the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RA will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, conducting of questionnaires, biological measurements, data collection at hospitals/participants’ homes;
- Coordinating and conducting of research related sleep study for the recruited subjects, e.g. setting up, monitoring, overseeing overnight study;
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS system to enter data, and analyse data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Research paper drafting and/or writing;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science / Biomedical Science or equivalent, degree in Science, nursing/medicine or related disciplines are also welcome; preferably with some experience in sleep medicine and/or research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint, SAP, RemLogic.
- have experiences in the sleep medicine areas of research will be an added advantage; preferably able to conduct, reads and score sleep study and CPAP titration.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No