Public Affairs Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Communications & Marketing
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 22 August 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The University of Southampton is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Public Affairs Manager to provide pivotal support it’s renewed Civic agenda though engagement with local government, members of Parliament and regional opinion makers.
Details about the role
Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs, the Public Affairs Manager will provide crucial support in enabling the University to further extend its reach and influence through:
- engaging, and building productive relationships with, parliamentarians and their staff members, ministers, officials within Whitehall and other stakeholders across the sector
- enhancing and Protecting the University’s reputation regionally and nationally using reports, briefings, PR opportunities and local press
- providing briefings internally for senior colleagues, writing speeches and remarks for events, and supporting events for visiting stakeholders
We are looking for someone with experience of working in public affairs, government relations, policy engagement, within Parliament, Government or similar roles within a political environment. You will be:
- a self-starter, able to identify opportunities for the University to further its public affairs aims and enhance its reputation
- an assured communicator, able to write clearly and engagingly in a variety of styles to suit different audiences
- well organised, with an eye for detail and the confidence to represent the University externally
- experienced with politics and able to understand national and regional elected officials, their offices and how best to influence them
The Engagement and Advancement Directorate at the University of Southampton supports a hybrid working model with flexibility over home and office based working days. Office based working is primarily on Highfield Campus in Southampton.
The roll is in line with University pay scale level 4, starting at over £31k with annual progression to £38k with excellent pension and benefits including 30 days annual leave and additional University closure days.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Jon Walsh, Head of Public Affairs on email@example.com
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Lauren Ward (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 1871922CD on all correspondence.