Lecturer, Health Promotion
- SCHOOL OF MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- $102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB)
- ONGOING, FULL-TIME, JOONDALUP CAMPUS
The School of Medical and Health Sciences is a leading provider of graduates for the Bachelor of Health Science (Health Promotion major) and the Master of Public Health (including the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma pathway programs). Modern and well-equipped teaching and research facilities combined with enthusiastic staff and supportive administration make the School an enjoyable and productive atmosphere in which to work.
This position will require you to teach into units which focus on health communication (including new and social media), health sociology, public health strategies and/or public health law and ethics. Given the broad nature of health promotion and public health, applicants who can teach into additional public health domains such as planning and evaluation, health leadership, health informatics/economics or occupational safety and health will be more competitive.
This appointment is planned for a January 2023 start date.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have a PhD in a health promotion or public health-related discipline;
- Have lecturing experience and the ability to teach into the units described above;
- Have demonstrated experience in delivering excellence in teaching for on and off campus classes through online/digital technologies;
- Have demonstrated experience in developing or improving curriculum, engaging in moderation of assessments and ensuring compliance to teaching and learning policies;
- Have a developing research track record, including peer-reviewed journal articles, successful grants and research translation experience.
- Be willing to engage in broader university service activities as part of their workload, including School-wide committees which drive continuous improvement in education and/or research activity.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry, Personal Excellence and Courage.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full-time ongoing position attracts remuneration of $102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB) plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities Overview.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Dr Leesa Costello on +61 8 6304 5459 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role with specific reference to the requirements listed above. Please note the selection criteria sets the expectations for a Level B academic. You do not need to address every point in your cover letter.
Applications close on Sunday 27th August 2022 at 11:30 pm AWST. Please note interviews are likely to be held on Monday 5th or 12th September 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.