Research Fellow, Area of Signal Processing and Machine Learning
We are looking for a candidate to work on topics in signal processing, information theory, and machine learning.
Some sample topics include:
- Shannon Theory;
- Multi-Armed Bandits;
- Matrix Factorization and Dictionary Learning;
- Graphical Models
The candidate will work closely with Dr. Vincent Tan and will use the postdoctoral stint to develop a strong research profile that will enable him/her to find a good faculty position after the postdoctoral stint.
For more information about Vincent Tan’s research interests, please visit https://vyftan.github.io/.
- Possess a PhD in electrical engineering, computer science or applied mathematics.
- Have strong publication record in Information Theory, Signal Processing, or Machine Learning.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Salary will commensurate with the candidate abilities, potential, and track record.
- Open to fixed term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16631