Lecturer in Management
- Full-time Continuing & Newcastle Business School, College of Human and Social Futures
- Lecturer in Management -Level B
- An opportunity to inspire our students and gain recognition through your contribution to research, teaching and postgraduate supervision
The Lecturer contributes to the delivery of the University’s Strategic Plan in the field of Business as a key member of the School providing excellence in Service and Engagement, Research and Innovation and Teaching and Learning.
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We cannot do it without you.
We are looking for people to join our university – to bring their exceptional teaching to our region, and to take their research impact to the world with us.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be part of something bigger
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) Accreditation, making NBS one of the top business schools in the world.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the delivery of the University of Newcastle’s Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020–2025 in the field of Management, with a particular focus in the areas of strategic management, international business and/or human resource management.
- Provide excellence in Research and Innovation, and Teaching and Learning in these areas, as well as Service and Engagement.
- You will be required to make enhancements to course design and deliver courses in strategic management, international business and/or human resource management, at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Newcastle City Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
Click the Apply button to access the job application. You will be redirected to the advert on our University of Newcastle jobs page
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will you become part of our community?
- Contribute as a key member of the School
- Develop and mentor students and HRD students
- Provide excellence in Research and Innovation, Teaching and learning and service and engagement.
How will we support you?
- The remuneration for this position is from $103,221pa + 17% superannuation.
- The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit us on the link below: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon.
Let us be part of something bigger together.
Please visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/our-uni/jobs/job-vacancies/application-process/submitting-your-application for a guide on how to apply for a role.
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A ‘Cover Letter’ outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- Your ‘CV’, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- A PhD in a Management related discipline (Leadership and Management, International Business, or Human Resources Management and Employment Relations).
- Demonstrated record of publication in high-quality management journals including evidence of international and national research collaborations and/or partnerships.
- Ability to achieve national recognition in their discipline and taking a chief investigator role (often in conjunction with more experienced researchers) in applications for external research funds.
- Supervisory Skills in active supervision of honours, Masters and/or Higher Degree by Research postgraduate research projects.
- Preformed quality teaching in management as indicated by internal and external surveys and outcomes for students that will improve or innovate in response to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Willingness and ability to efficiently perform in allocated internal service roles, sharing academic service responsibilities, contributing to outcomes of internal committees, and developing external collaborations.
For additional information on the position contact Ashish Malik, Associate Professor Newcastle Business School on (02)434 84133 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday, 11th August 2022 11:59 pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you!