Senior Research Fellow, Upscaling Tandem Cells II
7 days left
- Full Time
In this job scope we’re looking for a motivated candidate who could build technologies beyond limit of silicon based single-junction cell and look forward towards tandem cell & module development.
- Fabrication of >30% “industrially-viable” and “stable” large-area (>6”) high-efficiency tandem cell.
- A team player towards integration of the ~30% cell to a commercially relevant module.
- Research focusing on the following:
- Conceptualization, design, development and fabrication of low-cost methods for tandem solar cells & modules with a specific focus on commercialisation.
- Developing commercially relevant intellectual property (IP) portfolio in the above topic.
- Drive analysis and characterisation for complex industrial processes especially at an early stage of the commercialisation.
- Perform design-of-experiments (DOE) and advanced characterization to obtain optimised unit layers.
- Designing advanced patterning methods and/or masked/selective deposition.
- Effectively contribute in the project team(s) for solar cell & module efficiency improvements.
- Assist in developing new processes and improving existing processes.
- Regularly present loss (and gain) analysis of tandem cells
- Be involved in roadmap discussions and contribute to the design and development of new tools and processes
- Carry out processes for high-efficiency solar cells involving operation of tools such as: wet-chemical tools, tube furnaces, APCVD, PECVD(s), ALD, evaporation, sputter, versatile laser tool, metalisation tools and annealing furnaces.
- Assist the research group with processing and characterisation services for various company-funded and public-funded projects.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Materials Sciences with specialization in Silicon Photovoltaics or Microelectronics.
- 3-5 years of experience in silicon wafer solar cell fabrication, thin-film solar cells, tandem cells and characterization, or other relevant experience.
- Researchers with prior experience on development of tandem cells will be preferred.
- Able to work in highly confidential projects.
- Required to work in semiconductor clean room and characterisation lab.
- Expertise in relevant software for: DOE, data analysis, AutoCAD, grid design, layer/solar cell modelling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (in English) skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be target/KPI-driven and well organized
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance and reporting required.
- Must be able to independently plan, initiate/execute and report on research activities. Project management experience is a plus, including managing a team of process and equipment engineers supporting the R&D activities
- Must be able to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective communication of ideas and results to the team and/or other stakeholders is crucial
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department : Engineering & Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No