Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer in Medical Laboratory Science
Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now looking for a suitable person to fill the following position in the School of Science & Technology:
Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer in Medical Laboratory Science (Ref. No.: 22001D5)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee will be responsible mainly for the following:
- Undertaking course planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom and clinical teaching) in related disciplines;
- Participating in programme development and accreditation exercise;
- Performing scholarly activities and increasing the publication output and raising the level of consultancies in related discipline(s);
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research project(s);
- Engaging in student development activities; and
- Participating in School / University activities and administration.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- A doctoral degree in Medical Laboratory Science / Biomedical Science or a related discipline (for Assistant Professor);
- A higher degree in Medical Laboratory Science / Biomedical Science or a related discipline (for Senior Lecturer);
- Relevant experience in clinical/teaching/research in Medical Laboratory Science in hospital or the tertiary education sector;
- Competence in teaching / professional experience including programme development and course administration;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction;
- A record of research and peer-reviewed scholarly publications (for Assistant Professor);
- Active participation in scholarly activities / professional activities (for Senior Lecturer);
- Applicants should preferably hold a Part 1 registration and a valid practicing certificate with the Medical Laboratory Technologist Board of HKSAR; and
- Relevant and ample clinical experience in one of the following areas is desirable.
- Cellular Pathology
- Clinical Chemistry
- Medical Microbiology
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic background, experience and competence in academic leadership, teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Please indicate in your CV for the position(s) that you wish to be considered.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of application: 16 August 2022
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement posted in June 2022 need not re-apply.)
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.