The Institute for Applied Learning Sciences and Educational Technology (ALSET), in conjunction with the Nanyang Technological University and Singapore Polytechnic, will be building an AI-supported activity orchestration system designed to enhance learning during collaborative activities. The solution uses an existing codebase for the orchestration system built with the React.js framework and leverages Google's Firestore/Firebase noSQL database. The research engineer will be instrumental in developing new system features, integrating the system with an AI engine and evaluating the efficacy of the solution with polytechnic and university students.
The job scope of the candidate includes:
- Developing new features for the orchestration system with Node.js and React.js
- Integrating AI modules into collaborative learning activities
- Processing and selectively sharing event data with collaborators
- Automate data analyses for stakeholder reports
- Collaborating with NLP experts to improve activity designs
- Conduct user experiments with students remotely and in-person
This description is a summary only and only describes the general level of work to be performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency with AI techniques and user experience research methods
- Deep understanding of Node.js and React.js
- Experience integrating React.js noSQL databases
- Understanding of dashboard design principles
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Rapid prototyping and iterative design principles
- Previous experience with building production-ready systems
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: NUS, Kent Ridge Campus
Job requisition ID: 15161