Research Assistant, Department of Surgery
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant (RA) in the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The position is a 1-year contract in the first instance and could be extended with good performance.
Purpose of the post
The RA will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the various research projects on time. RA will be deployed to NUH and Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and coordinate research related activities and projects in the department according to Good Clinical Practice guidelines and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Liaison with Principal Investigator and assisting the investigators with patient recruitment
- Liaison with various departments for trial investigation procedures
- Ensure duties are carried out in accordance to protocol procedure
- Trace case notes, blood results and all other results required in the protocol
- Maintaining proper filing and documentation of clinical trial files and electronic case report forms
- Maintain source documentation for each patient according to protocol
- Provide logistic and administrative support in research related matters
- Assist in communications with DSRB/IRB staff regarding study-related ethics applications, amendments and status reports
- Assist Principal Investigator in organizing events, gatherings for patients and caregivers
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by Principal Investigator
- Degree holder in science-related field, nursing or equivalent
- Experience in clinical studies and training in Good Clinical Practice is an advantage
- Good written and communication skills
- Able to interact well with patients and clinicians
- Able to work meticulously, independently and as a team player
- Computer proficiency is essential - MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 6883