Research Engineer, Environmental System
The successful candidate will be working with a group of about 6 Research Fellows to provide assistance in programming and research administration. If capable, the employee might also be involved in new research.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Update and manage a collection of Python optimization algorithms in GitHub repositories.
- Manage research financial accounts, including approving expenses, handling reimbursements and conducting period reviews to ensure all account entries are correct.
- Convert latex files to word using user friendly conversion software.
- Assist senior researchers with report writing, literature review or other research related projects;
- Be responsible for any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Proficient in using full suite of Microsoft Office apps.
- Good report writing and documentation skills.
- Able to multi-task and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to contribute to a friendly and strongly research- oriented environment.
Possess knowledge in following will be advantageous:
- Basic accounting such as has taking accounting modules or relevant internship/working experience.
- Good understanding of Latex.
- Experience with managing GitHub repositories.
- Experience with optimization or operations research.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Industrial Systems Engineering and Management
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15555