Research Assistant, AI Singapore
AI Singapore (AISG) is a national AI programme launched by the National Research Foundation (NRF) to anchor deep national capabilities in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The programme office is hosted by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and brings together all Singapore-based research institutions and the vibrant ecosystem of AI start-ups and companies developing AI products to perform use-inspired research, grow the knowledge, create the tools, and develop the talent to power Singapore's AI efforts.
The Technology pillar of AI Singapore is looking to hire a Research Assistant in specialising in the area of AI System Development to carry out high quality research implementation works with significant outputs.
As a Research Assistant for AI System Development, the researcher will constantly conduct AI research in target domains as well as develop relevant applications to solve real-world problems.
The Research Assistant will undertake system development engineering tasks by leveraging on AI and other technologies to resolve societal problems, and work closely with AI Singapore’s Principal Investigators, AI engineers and project managers to build robust system implementations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in system architecture, design, planning, and execution of AI system development projects
- Analyse technology and resource needs to develop project execution plan
- Implement system requirements according to the timeline and priorities
- Conduct unit tests for developed modules and generate reports
- Execute industry-standard best practices for software development and documentation
- Maintain system infrastructure and enforce data access policies
- Contribute to knowledge exchange and technology transfer activities with partners from both public and private sectors
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent;
- Solid system development skills with hands-on programming experience in Python, Java, ReactJS, etc.;
- Experience in professional development standards and best practices for full software development life cycle;
- Keen interest in working with emerging technologies and frameworks;
- Strong capability of critical thinking, self-initiation, and multitasking;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills in English; and
- Experience in working in a team with people of diverse skillsets
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of the Deputy President(Res&Tech)
Department : AI Singapore
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15522