Research Assistant, Pharmacy
We are looking for highly motivated and competent research assistant to work on research focusing on building new generation drug delivery technologies for disease visualization and precision nanomedicine. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of Dr TANG Wei at NUS (https://pharmacy.nus.edu.sg/team/asst-prof-tang-wei/) to help with lab management and support ongoing research projects.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
a) Lab safety, ordering, and lab management (30%)
- To serve as a lab safety lead
- To be responsible for lab ordering
- To assemble chemicals and reagents in the lab and maintain the inventory
- To create and review standard operation protocols (SOPs) and risk assessments
- To facilitate general cleanliness of the lab
b) Research tasks (70%)
- To perform cell culture and in vitro studies.
- To establish xenograft tumour models and perform animal studies.
- To harvest blood/tissue samples from animals for flow cytometry and confocal microscopy analysis.
- To perform standard molecular biology experiment and train lab colleagues on the techniques.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Bachelor or master degree in pharmacy, life sciences, chemistry, materials science, bioengineering, or related field.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and great ability in written and spoken English.
- Be able to work both independently and in a team
- Experienced in animal handling and cell culture techniques
- Experienced in standard molecular biology techniques, flow cytometry, and confocal microscopy
- Familiar with advanced techniques in nanomaterial characterization, bioanalysis, and biomedical imaging would be advantageous.
- Willing to learn new techniques
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Job requisition ID: 13913