Research Assistant, Neurosurgery
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for “Low Grade Glioma Research” in the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the research project on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as (but not limited to) literature review, recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis, maintenance of DSRB related matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in hospital to smooth the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RA will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, administering of questionnaire, data collection at hospitals/participants’ homes;
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS to enter data, and analyse data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree with good results in nursing/medicine or related disciplines; preferably with experience as a research assistant;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint, NHG DSRB.
- have experiences in the neuro-oncology areas of research, would be preferred
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 13915