Research Assistant, Clinical Imaging Research Centre
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant position in the Clinical Imaging Research Center, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Clinical Imaging Research Centre (CIRC) offers state-of-the-art clinical molecular imaging facilities that includes hybrid-PET (Positron Emission Tomography) modalities of PET/ MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging ) and PET/CT (Computed Tomography). Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will assist investigators in conducting clinical trials and research according to study protocol, Singapore Guideline for Good Clinical Practice (SGGCP) and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements as well as hospital policies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Principal Investigator(s) in applying to the NHG Domain Specific Review Board (DSRB) or Institutional Review Board (IRB) for ethics review and to the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) for clinical trial certificates (if required)
- Ensures that all clinical activities are carried out in accordance with established research protocols and standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedural requirements. Eg. Singapore Good Clinical Practice Program (SGGCP)
- Liaise with the relevant departments for trial investigation procedures
- Maintaining proper filing, documentation and confidentiality of clinical trial related documents eg. Report forms
- Assist the investigator(s) in adverse events / serious adverse events reporting
- Provide logistic and administrative support in research related matters
- Assist Principal Investigator(s) in the screening and recruitment of potential patients/healthy volunteers as according to trial protocol
- Assist investigators in obtaining informed consent
- Perform delegated procedures as required according to trial/study protocol
- Maintain and update screening log & enrollment logs
- Schedule appointments for patients/subjects
- Ensure patients’/subjects’ compliance to trial medication (if any)
- Maintain confidentiality on patients’/subjects’ data
- Provide regular trial updates to investigator(s) sponsor companies and manager(s) for trial-related issues
- Perform administrative duties and ad-hoc project as assigned by the Director/ Principal Investigator(s)
Bachelors degree in life sciences or related field or equivalent. Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Able to work independently and meticulously
- Good written and communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Good teamwork and organizational skills
- Having experience in clinical and/or imaging studies will be an advantage
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 10327