Research Engineer, Chemical Engineering
- Reverse osmosis (RO) membrane development for boron removal that meets the project targets
- Synthesis/Preparation of nanoparticles for membrane modification
- Familiar with boron and RO membrane experiments and data analysis
- Familiar with characterizations of membrane (chemical properties, surface properties, morphology etc.)
- Literature review and paper writing
- A Master's or Ph.D. degree in the field of Chemical Engineering, high GPA award preferred.
- Possess knowledge or great interest in membrane sciences, polymer sciences, membrane separation process, and instrumental methods for analysis.
- Prior experience with research in membrane science is highly preferred.
- Experienced with operating analytical instruments such as spectrophotometer, ICP, mass spectroscopy, SEM, etc.
- Time management and data analytic skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Able to carry out experiments independently as well as work with a team.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13892