Research Fellow / Engineer (Radio Link Characterization)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
As part of the 5G TransLab @SIT, we are looking for research fellow or research engineer to conduct research, develop and carry out radio frequency (RF) and physical layer related performance investigations in our 5G testbed, and support developing application specific solutions and enabling innovative use cases in collaboration with industry partners which are tested and validated at the 5G testbed.
- Investigate and devise methodologies to perform radio link evaluations including PHY measurements, Channel Impulse Response measurements and related Channel sounding measurements.
- Carry out Wireless Coexistence investigations and related measurements.
- Investigate influence of MIMO and beamforming performance as well as other RF impairments induced effects in the radio link system which influence the over-all QoS.
- Build models based on the measurement, and integrate into the 5G digital twin platform
- Support developing application specific solutions and enabling innovative use cases, testing and validating at the 5G testbed
- Manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Engage and supervise students with suitable related project scope for their design projects.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Competency in RF link performance analysis in general for wireless communication systems.
- Experience in RF testing and measurements with specific application to mobile communications networks will be an advantage.
- Strong background and knowledge of physical layer and wireless communication systems
- Knowledge in 5G NR specific signalling and channel state information parameters will be advantageous.
- Preferably Masters or Ph.D. with experience in RF link aspects of the wireless communications.
- Familiar with Matlab/Simulink with related test automation skills
Applications close: 30 Sep 2022 Singapore Standard Time