Research Fellow / Engineer (5G-X Platform)
4 days left
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
As part of the 5G Trans Lab and the recently awarded Future Communications R&D Programme grant, the primary responsibility of this role is to investigate, analyse, and develop a 5G-X platform to enable inter-networking of 5G with legacy wireless networks such as Wi-SUN for IoT applications, design and implement Device-to-Device communication via 5G. You will also be required to support the development, testing and validation of 5G-X use cases and applications, in collaboration with industry partners.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Design and develop the 5G-X platform to interconnect 5G with WiSUN for optimised building management system.
- Research, design and implement the Device-to-Device communication using 5G.
- Working closely with industry collaborators on the integration and deployment of 5G-X platform and the 5G-60GHz link.
- Analyse and benchmark the performance of 5G-X platform to evaluate its scalability, data rate, network latency, bandwidth etc.
- Publish and present research results in leading conference venues and high impact journals.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Experience or have an interest in wireless sensor networks, IoT protocol stacks, and 5G communication networks.
- Good understanding of network configuration and maintenance and packet analysis on Wireshark.
- Experience in developing IoT applications involving sensors, actuators and management of IoT devices.
- Have a relevant degree in Computer Science, Communication Networks or equivalent. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous
- Knowledge of Python, Java and C will be advantageous.
Applications close: 30 Sep 2022 Singapore Standard Time