Senior Lecturer, Centre of Work and Learning
Centre of Work and Learning
The successful candidate will join the Master in Boundary-Crossing and Leadership (MBX).
- Lead, manage, implement, and maintain a newly-established Master level programme and related Graduate Certificates,
- Lead the team, including faculty, who deliver and support the newly-established Master programme,
- Attend to all matters of the programme as the Head of Programme.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the successful implementation of the new Master level programme and Graduate Certificates, including the following:
- Student admission, recruitment and management
- Curriculum design and development
- Programme management and administration
- External relations with industry partners
- Academic quality assurance; and
- Assessment administration
- Undertake course renewal and relevance studies, including conducting research and initiating collaborative projects with industry experts and partners
- Design and develop curriculum and assessment, and teach courses within the programme.
- Manage faculty team delivering courses across the programme.
- Lead and contribute to IAL’s key areas as required
- Support other SUSS and IAL-wide events and activities (e.g. IAL bi-annual Symposium, Global Lifelong Learning Summit and more)
Academic Education/ Training Experience
- Doctoral degree holder in education or related discipline.
- At least eight years of working experience, preferably with practice experience, especially in Continuing Education and Training (CET) contexts, such as a CET Centre, Training Provider, Institute of Higher Learning, a corporate academy or an enterprise Learning and Development team.
- Experience in leadership and management of diverse teams would be an advantage.
- Capacity to extend and reinforce the interdisciplinary, boundary-spanning and change-oriented nature of the Master programme through collaboration and innovative design.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and engage positively with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Proactive with high level of initiative and an eye for detail.
- Able to Work independently, has positive attitude and commitment to outcomes.
- Execellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively in teams and engage with Continuing Education and Training (CET) stakeholders, faculty members, learners and industry practitioners, both local and international.