Research Fellow, Digital Twin and Blockchain for Business Decision Modelling
The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is seeking a highly productive, ambitious, and collaborative member of the Advanced Research and Engineering Centre within Northern Ireland. This Centre will drive future technological innovations and enhance capabilities in critical research areas such as robotic process automation (RPA), workflow automation, visualisation, data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI). The Centre combines expertise from PwC, the University of Ulster, and Queen’s University Belfast
The Research Fellow will focus on the digital twin and blockchain to accelerate the business decision modelling and make it sustainable, removing the barriers of the virtual-physical worlds and will be required to resolve tasks involving a series of simulated application case studies followed by practical testing in different phases of this project.
The post is a critical role, and as such, successful applicants will have responsibilities in independent research, planning, outreach, and collaboration both internally and externally.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- 2.1 Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related discipline
- Have or be about to obtain a PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Physics.
Relevant experience to include:
- At least 3 years research experience in at least one of the following: blockchain systems, digital twins, or business decision modelling
- 1-3+ years of experience developing Digital twins and blockchain systems
- Demonstrable experience of: - software development at the systems or embedded level (preferably (but not limited to) C/C++/Python/Java)
- Working effectively as part of a research team in the development and promotion of the research theme.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
This is a fixed term post for 3 years. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/