Dean of Engineering
7 days left
- Full Time
Dean of Engineerin
Dean of Engineering - College of Engineering
Khalifa University is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for the position of Dean, College of Engineering.
The internationally top-ranked Khalifa University is the one university in the UAE with the research and academic programs that address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing the UAE’s knowledge economy transformation and our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Their research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in science, engineering, and medicine through three colleges, three research institutes, 18 research centers, and 36 academic departments.
The College of Engineering is a vibrant community of academic scholars, students and staff who are dedicated to engineering education and innovation for the ultimate benefit of society. The college is made up of 3,400 students, 200 faculty members, 9 academic departments, 10 BSc Programs, 15 MSc Programs and 11 PhD Concentrations.
Reporting to the Provost, the Dean of the College of Engineering will be responsible for providing academic leadership and strategic management of the College to ensure that it achieves the highest academic and research standards and supports the achievement of the University’s vision and overall objectives. The Dean will also be responsible for the recruitment, retention, and professional development of the college’s faculty.
- PhD in an appropriate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline. Preference will be given to candidates with education from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Full Professor with a minimum of 14 years of responsible education related experience including 5 years of academic leadership in higher education.
- Strong track record of research, publications, and citations.
- Strong track record in teaching reflecting academic excellence.
- Ability to build collaborations and partnerships with other top universities globally.
Initial screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Khalifa University will be assisted by Maliha Jilani, Bilal El Hanouni and Pakinam Azzam of Heidrick & Struggles, Inc. Nominations and applications should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Dean
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time