The College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a full-time Research Assistant in the broad area of applied economic policy.
- We welcome applications from all candidates who have an interest in working on research projects that are applied/empirical in nature.
- Strong foundation and familiarity with economics and applied econometrics (at the graduate level) is required.
- Good command and knowledge of STATA is absolutely essential.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of other econometric software like Eviews and R is a plus.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate high degree of competence and professionalism in data collection, management and applied quantitative skills.
- Prior experience or working knowledge of the tools/steps involved in constructing an index (data reduction techniques like Principle Components Analysis for example) is a plus.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to provide high-quality background research assistance for projects that include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Perform systematic data collection, stacking and filtering;
- Undertake coding, data management and data analysis
- Carry out basic statistical and econometric analysis using STATA as required.
- Write literature reviews by summarizing key journal articles and relevant reports.
Highly motivated applicants with suitable experience fitting the above-mentioned criteria are welcome to apply for the position.
Those with an advanced undergraduate or a Master’s degree in economics with a strong technical background, are invited to submit their applications for the position.
An individual having a BSc Degree in Economics with a keen interest in data analysis.
- Master’s degree in economics with a strong technical background.
- High moral values and ethics, professionalism, and positive attitude.
- Willingness to grow exponentially by learning new technical and economic topics and analytical software tools.
- Genuine interest in empirical economics and data analysis.
- A good knowledge of econometrics and the use of STATA for data analysis.
- Knowledge and application of topics in Applied Economics, either by education or through work experience.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with MS Office software.
- Advanced and demonstrated academic writing skills (work portfolio of project reports may be requested).
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Innovation in Govt. & Society-(CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant