Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Psychology
- Full time, Continuing
- Located at one of our regional campuses
- Level B or C Teaching and Research or Teaching Focused
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
In this position
Play a critical role in supporting our Master of Professional Psychology program.
Teaching & Research
Play a key role providing significant contributions in scholarly, research and professional activities relevant to the profession of Psychology. You will conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and engage psychology students through your high-quality teaching and scholarly approach to learning and teaching.
Coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high-quality learning experience. Design innovative and effective curriculum which reflects developing best practice nationally and internationally, utilising various methodologies. You will contribute to building a robust and ambitious teaching and learning culture within La Trobe by conducting, leading and evaluating innovative teaching and supervision practices.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- A PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Full registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and full membership (or eligibility) with the Australian Psychological Society (APS). College endorsement is not required but would be an advantage.
- Registration, or be working towards registration, as a supervising psychologist at the higher degree program level by the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA). If registered, evidence of supervisory excellence.
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – See link below - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NZBy693Go
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities at some campuses
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe course.
How to apply
Please scroll down to apply.
Closing date: 25/8/2022
Recruitment enquiries: Melissa Magaton Senior Recruitment Business Partner
Please indicate which level position you are applying for with your application and whether you are interested in Teaching and Research or Teaching Focused.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Essential Criteria which is found in the position description.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.