Research Assistant, Recruitment and Data Collection
4 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant (RA) in the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The position is a 1-year contract in the first instance and could be extended with good performance.
Main duties and responsibilities
The RA will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and research team members to ensure the successful completion of the various research projects. RAs may be deployed either in NUH or other collaborating sites (e.g. Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Sengkang General Hospital, Changi General Hospital), and will be exposed to a range of health services and biomedical research.
The RA’s principal role will be to contribute to general research activities such as recruitment, data collection, administration of questionnaires, project coordination, and data entry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The RA will be required to:
- Oversee the general management of the project(s);
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project(s), such as organizing meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team, maintaining study site files and documents;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project(s) at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, screening and recruitment of research participants, data collection, biological samples collection;
- Conduct literature searches, using statistical software to enter data, and analyse data and maintain database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project(s);
- Assist in preparation and writing of ethics submission/grants
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
- Have a degree in Nursing, Life Science, Public Health or equivalent
- Demonstrate tact and discretion when dealing with confidential data.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Willing to travel or be deployed to external study sites.
- Able to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in clinical studies and training in Good Clinical Practice is an advantage
- Bilingual and/or knowledge of local dialects desired (in order to handle concerns and questions from local dialects speaking research subject
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Siew Bei En (email@example.com).
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 2 referees).
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No