Research Associate, Health Social Sciences
7 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Associate in the Bia-Echo Asia Centre for Reproductive Longevity & Equality (ACRLE), at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. ACRLE collaborates with many experts and organizations to advance research in women’s reproductive health, leveraging on biomedical science, digital medicine, translational clinical work, public health and epidemiology, and health communication and public outreach. Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension into an administrative managerial position
Purpose of the post
The Research Associate will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to coordinate projects under ACRLE’s Health Communication track, led by Dr Chervin Lam. The Research Associate will have a dual role in leading research projects and in administration (managing media and public outreach).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Associate will liaise with relevant stakeholders for participant recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principal Investigator (PI).
The Research Associate will be able to:
- Support IRB application/administration & maintain Investigator Site File
- Conduct study recruitment, answer general enquiries on study and checking of study eligibility
- Scheduling of studies and follow up visits
- Manage research study databases, including data queries
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data collection and data entry
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data sets and find meaningful correlations
- Conduct literature review and write papers for journal publications
- Maintain regular communication with other team members in different study sites
- Manage schedules of PIs, RAs, and recruitment subjects, so that projects will run optimally, incident-free, and without significant delays
- Plan appropriate coordination strategies to manage project requirements
- Spearhead networking efforts and collaboration projects
- Work with the media team to enhance ACRLE’s branding and reputation
- Work with the media team to engage in public outreach and advocacy
The applicant should:
- Have a master’s degree in social science, health communication, public health, or related disciplines; with some experience in research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, MS office, PowerPoint.
- Experience in writing papers for journal publication
- Proficient with analytical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, etc.)
- Qualitative skills will be an added advantage
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9390