Research Assistant, Cancer Science Institute
1 day left
- Full Time
Are you a biomedical graduate seeking an exciting lab support role?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to better understand the causes of human cancer across Asia, and thereby improve its detection, treatment and prevention. Our outstanding researchers and exceptional facilities create an energetic environment for ground-breaking science and world-class training. A supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Research Assistant to join the team of our new Director, Prof. Ashok Venkitaraman, who has joined us from the University of Cambridge (see https://www.csi.nus.edu.sg/web/csi-singapore-welcomes-new-director-professor-ashok-venkitaraman/). This is an exciting opportunity to work in a key role providing oversight, management and support for the research, laboratory and administrative needs of a world-leading cancer research team.
- a University degree in a relevant field;
- 2 to 3 years work experience in a molecular biology lab preferably with experience of murine models;
- basic principles and practices in the fields of biology, physiology and/or chemistry;
- ability to speak and write clearly in English
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of
- Principles, techniques and terminology used in cancer biology;
- Laboratory scientific resource material; laboratory equipment and its care;
- Methods of scientific research and relevant scientific theories;
- Government guidelines and regulations pertinent to laboratory safety and security;
- Packaging and shipping of diagnostic, infectious and hazardous materials;
- Appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals;
- General rules for safe exposure and handling of chemical and biological hazards;
- IRB, OSHE & IACUC regulations;
- Principles, techniques and terminology used in the examination of clinical and animal samples as well as common lab techniques required for work on laboratory animals
More information on careers in NUS can be found at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/
Please submit applications including
- a covering letter that explains why you are suited to this post,
- a detailed CV, and
- the contact details of 3 professional referees including your last position to:
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore
National University of Singapore Centre for Translational Medicine,
14 Medical Drive, #12-01,
We will only contact candidates whose qualifications meet the criteria listed.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.