Research Assistant, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for the project “Exosome-infused Device for Enhanced Spinal Fusion” in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis with possibility of renewal. The Department is actively engaged in cutting-edge research that encompasses basic science research, translational research, and clinical applications of new technologies. Over the years, we have established multi-disciplinary research capabilities in the field of musculoskeletal tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, and developed the expertise to translate our research findings from the laboratory bench to the clinical bedside.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will work closely under the supervision of the Principal Investigator to ensure the successful and timely completion of the research project.
He/She will assist in general laboratory management and perform experiments related to cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, and immunology. He/She will also assist in animal surgeries and experiments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake the day-to-day routine running of the project in collaboration with team members.
- Participate in animal study, such as pre-surgery preparation, assisting in surgery, post-operative animal care, and tissue harvest. In-house training will be provided.
- Perform cell culture studies and biochemical/molecular assays.
- Assist with general laboratory safety, housekeeping and maintenance, including consumable stock-keeping and equipment maintenance.
- Meet the standard of professional conduct and data recording in accordance with the university policies.
- Assist with any other duties that are delegated by the Principal Investigator.
The applicant should have/be:
- At least a Bachelor or Master degree from a reputable university, preferably in Life Sciences or Biomedical Engineering;
- Knowledge and preferably with experience in basic cell culture, biochemical, molecular, and histological techniques;
- Strong interest in laboratory-based research work;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Meticulous with positive work attitude, and able to work in a fast-paced research environment as a team member;
- Well-organized in keeping a good record of research findings.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, NUS RCULA certificate (if available) complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 2 referees by 310722 to Ms Chua Li Ping at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Orthopaedic Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14072