Post Doctoral Fellow
5 days left
- Full Time
- To undertake high quality research support aimed at producing high‐quality models and publications, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- To acquire, with guidance from the advisor, the varied skills necessary to advance capabilities toward an academic and/or research career. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to undertake research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and networks with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course, if inclined towards an academic career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, evaluate and optimize strategies and scenarios for a national or sub‐national future sustainable low‐carbon energy system.
- Conduct literature reviews on techno‐socio‐economic‐environmental and policy models and systems that integrate low‐carbon energy conversion, storage, and distribution technologies across the power, building, transportation and industrial sectors.
- Construct and validate energy, economic and environmental models of low‐carbon energy systems, using energy system planning and analysis software.
- Evaluate energy system strategies/scenarios using developed energy system models, coupled with appropriate energy, economic, and environmental metrics.
- Review and evaluate existing energy‐related policies from a holistic, multi‐energy/sector energy system perspective, focusing on barriers and enablers to implementing current and planned energy policy measures.
- Assess social and political perspectives on the deployment of low‐carbon energy technologies within specified contexts.
- Propose policy tools for government decision makers, energy providers and users that can support the establishment of a low‐carbon energy system.
- Integrate techno‐socio‐economic‐environmental and policy analyses for a complete narrative regarding the establishment of a low‐carbon energy system, focusing on integration of appropriate low‐carbon technologies.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD Degree in energy engineering, mechanical, electrical, or related engineering field.
- Good engineering background/experience in energy engineering including smart, multi‐sector energy system planning, modeling and analysis.
- Desired experience in the use of energy system modeling tools (e.g., EnergyPlan, Plexos, LEAP) to explore integration of technologies in the following areas: renewable and sustainable energy generation/conversion, energy storage, energy distribution, waste energy utilization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, without direct supervision, and team player skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Good research achievements including publications in reputed academic engineering/scientific journals.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time