Standardized Patient Trainer
2 days left
- Full Time
The Standardized Patient Trainer is responsible for the training and organization of the bank of standardized patients for the use of assessment of clinical skills. They are responsible for keeping the details and availability of the standardized patients up to date. They act as the first port of contact for all the standardized patients and work in Close collaboration with Strand Leader Clinical Medicine and Simulation Director
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Coaching and Training of Standardized patients for all the relevant courses for CMHS
- Recruit and monitor the performance of standardized patients
- Develop protocols for the SPs timing of facts delivery during examinations
- Develop programs and training for the SPs written feedback to CMHS students and other learners
- Develop training manuals and checklist for the SP program
- Training of standardized patients for all other external courses at the Sim center
- Work in a professional manner at all times when interacting with faculty peers and learners.
- Be able to work flexible hours as required by the dept., including weekends.
- Co-ordinate events and liaise closely with the Simulation Director.
- Orientate new learners and standardized patient volunteers.
- Participate in the future planning of events.
- Have a concise understanding of how the scenarios run.
- Be responsible for booking the standardized patients as appropriate
- Be willing to participate in the assessment and feedback of our standardized patients.
- Ensure that the standards of dress code for Khalifa University are upheld.
- Ensure the appropriate policies of Khalifa University are upheld.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
To act as supervisor of standardized patients when attending training, teaching and assessment events.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelors’ degree in Nursing or relevant healthcare field, additional qualification/certification in coaching or training preferred
- This role requires a minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills, including IT skills.
- A dependable team leader and team participant.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow through.
A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Senior Specialist
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time