Research Fellow / Engineer (Graphics)
Looking for a research fellow or research engineer to bring technical programming chops in the areas of computer graphics and immersive technologies (AR/VR/MR/XR), and to implement advanced usability scenarios with immersive technologies on high-speed broadband cellular networks.
You will work on a specific project and also amongst a diverse team of faculty members, engineers, industry partners and students. Technical skills, tremendous git-fu, versatility and enthusiasm are highly desired traits that will enable you to succeed in this fast-paced environment.
SIT has a strong applied research focus in usability and immersive technologies, with a diverse pool of interdisciplinary projects that work hand-in-hand with their industry partners.
- Design and create custom Virtual Reality (VR) interaction methods and 3D environments
- Design and develop research VR software artifacts and outcomes
- Lead engineers and students to develop research software artifacts and outcomes
- Manage research and implementation projects including development of features or publications
- Procure and maintain equipment, software or related items
- Experience in developing in Unity 3D or similar game engines and domains related to immersive technologies (e.g., virtual, augmented, mixed realities)
- Knowledge of working in an Agile development team (e.g. Scrum and/or TDD) and with software version control
- Experience in designing complex solutions for complete digital environments will be advantageous
- Around 2-3 years of work experience in VR/AR projects and UX design
- Applicants with equivalent industry experience may be considered
- Preferably a Masters or Ph.D. in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time