Research Fellow / Engineer (Networks and Data Engineering)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
As part of the 5G Trans Lab@SIT, the primary responsibility of this role is to investigate and develop data-driven based solutions to better manage the operations and support various applications and use cases of 5G systems, support industry collaborations hosted by the 5G Trans Lab.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Collect, pre-process and analyze the 5G network performance and application data from the 5G testbed
- Research and develop data-driven based solutions for network anomaly detection, demand prediction, network resource optimization etc.
- Develop a digital twin of the 5G testbed for network and application performance monitoring.
- Support performance testing and use case enabling
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have a PhD/Master degree in Electrical/Electronic/Communication/Computer Engineering
- Have hands-on competence in the areas of data analytics, deep learning and artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge of wireless communication and mobile cellular networks
- Experience working with time series data and Python/C++/MATLAB.
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time