Research Fellow / Engineer (Radio Access and Performance Characterization)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
As part of the 5G TransLab @SIT, the primary responsibility of this role is to conduct research for 5G radio access network (RAN) performance evaluation and optimization to support the quality-of-service (QoS) requirements of different applications, and support industry innovation research projects in the 5G TransLab @SIT.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Evaluate and investigate the performance of the RAN of 5G systems via simulations and physical 5G testbed
- Optimize the RAN network parameters to satisfy the diverse quality-of-service (QoS) of different applications under different network environments
- Research and develop new radio access technologies for beyond 5G wireless communication systems.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Competence in the evaluation, analysis and development of radio access technologies for 5G and beyond wireless communication systems.
- Preferably Masters or Ph.D. in wireless communications or related areas.
- An understanding of wireless communications systems and digital signal processing.
- Working knowledge of radio access network (RAN) architectures
- Broad understanding of the LTE wireless systems, 5G standards, 3GPP NR PHY/MAC layer design, algorithms, and implementation
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug integrated equipment, hardware, and software elements.
- Experience with beamforming, Massive MIMO, and millimeter wave technologies.
- Familiar with Matlab or Python
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time