Research Fellow / Engineer (Robotics Systems)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop/produce/investigate 5G technology solutions for autonomous robot integration.
We are looking for suitable candidates to develop robotics integration solutions using 5G network. You shall be required to perform research into the different techniques to enhance the autonomy of robotics systems through the application of low latency and high data rates available with 5G communications. Some of these applications include integration of robotics system beyond visual line-of-sight (BVLOS), and advanced 3D autonomy. You will work with modeling and simulation tools and develop digital twin techniques for safety critical applications and robotics system real-time health monitoring. You should have deep knowledge of robotics systems and experience in designing software and robotics hardware.
Your responsibilities shall include:
- Conduct research to determine the parameters for integrating robotics system
- Determine the key parameters needed for robotics integration in specific application.
- Design and develop prototypes and work on component robotics technologies
- Perform integration tests and quality control
- Evaluate and improve design based on tests and experiment data
- Create complete documentation
- Troubleshoot defects in the design
- Keep abreast of advancements in robotics and relevant fields
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
If you also have a great deal of resourcefulness and a vision about what your machines can do, we would like to meet you. Candidates with good bachelor’s degree and postgraduate degree may apply for this position.
- Well-versed in ROS
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages
- Ability to develop and evaluate integrated systems
- An analytical mind
- Outstanding communication skills
- Good bachelor’s degree or post graduate degree in Robotics/Mechatronics
- Prior industry experience helpful but not necessary
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time