Research Engineer (Analytics)
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 20 Jul 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Dec 2022
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, General Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver an industry innovation research project where you will be part of a growing research team to develop, deploy and troubleshoot machine-learning enhanced process control strategies targeted at pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- Participate in and / or manage workflows within the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and senior research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Implement and develop algorithmic solutions, very possibly enhanced by machine learning technologies. Activities will likely include but are not limited to:
- Understanding / operating / supporting troubleshooting activities of the SCADA (DCS system)
- Performing literature survey (algorithms) and process understanding
- Coding, de-bugging and deployment of code onto hardware platform
- Performing troubleshooting / continuous improvement / Validation & Verification activities that lead to improvements in final control of the process under study
- Reporting / documentation / communication activities
- Leading contribution towards Risk Assessments, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health and other pertinent regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work within a team, and independently to ensure proper operation.
- Have good competence in the areas of applied computational methods, mathematics and/or statistical / machine learning.
- Have a degree in Engineering, particularly in but not limited to control engineering, chemical engineering (process systems engineering), automation engineering and computer engineering. Relevant postgraduate qualification (e.g. Masters) will be advantageous.
- Have a sound level of practical experience delivering business outcomes in controls, data analytics etc, with application potential towards industrial-scale setups, preferably involving process systems and batch systems.
- Experience in delivery of technology projects involving both software and hardware as well as the validation & verification of the entire solution is desired.
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time