Research Assistant / Engineer (Project AIMMER)
5 days left
- Full Time
An Intergrated Model for Maritime Emission (AIMMER). International shipping has been increasingly committed to addressing its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. An emission projection model to predict the GHG emissions from international shipping is crucial to policy makers and maritime industry stakeholders in positioning themselves in this global environmental issue. Numerous R&D projects have been invested for developing appropriate technologies for emission mitigation from shipping.
Join us and be part of the global effort on decarbonisation initiatives.
- Literature review of the concept of route-based action plan
- Identification of suitable routes
- Estimation of GHG reduction and cost modelling
- Development of the methodology to estimate future emissions from international shipping under different scenarios
Monitor the ongoing emission reduction measures/policies in international shipping
- A recognised honours degree from a reputable University
- Good understanding and interest in the nature of international shipping and energy usage in international shipping
- Relevant research experience in emission projection, especially in the maritime industry
- Preferably with strong modelling and programming skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.