Research Analyst, Asian Institute of Digital Finance
About the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF)
The AIDF is a university-level institute in NUS, jointly founded by The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), the National Research Foundation (NRF) and NUS. AIDF aspires to be a thought leader, a FinTech knowledge hub, and an experimental site for developing digital financial technologies as well as for nurturing current and future FinTech researchers and practitioners in Asia.
NLP-AD Research Analyst Program and Objectives
The NLP-AD Team aims to utilize existing and develop new Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to extract issue-centric sentiments expressed through the business press and social media as well as in official documents, such as government reports An opportunity exists to join NUS-AIDF allows you to get hands-on experience on how to augment financial analysis (e.g. credit risk management, sustainable finance sentiments, and fraud detection etc.) and use novel machine learning techniques at a cutting-edge research institution. We welcome candidates who are self-motivated and enjoy a challenging working environment.
- Further your knowledge in deep learning methods and sentiment analysis.
- Gain a detailed understanding of a cutting-edge quantitative credit risk model being pioneered by the AIDF Credit Research Initiative (CRI).
- Gain experience with deep learning libraries such as Pytorch, Tensorflow, MXNet, etc
- Gain experience in emerging technologies (e.g. cloud/grid computing, GPU computing)
- Benefit from a world-class research environment at the forefront of credit risk, with a motivated research team a well-established network.
- Generate sentiments in different languages, such as English, Chinese, etc.
- Conduct sentiment analysis and evaluate media sentiment’s incremental contributions in various fields.
- Design and build robust and readable codes for production usage.
- Review and complete programming scripts, mostly in Python, some in C++.
- Assist with AdHoc research projects that aim to propel the institution’s capabilities.
- Master Degree and above
- Preferably major in the area of machine learning, statistics, computer science, mathematics, quantitative finance or related discipline.
- Basic knowledge of relational and non-relational database, such as SQL, mongoDB, etc.
- Proficient programming skills in Python, etc. C++ would be a bonus.
- Self-motivated and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Able to work within fast moving, multi-tasking environments.
- Be proactive and passionate about building and developing new ideas and models.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asian Institute of Digital Finance
Department : Credit Research Initiative
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8450