Research Engineer, Centre for Maritime Studies
5 days left
- Full Time
- Design and develop codes that meets requirements for the simulation model of a warehouse system.
- Create GUI and integrate with simulation model.
- Write automated tests and perform code reviews to ensure the smooth running of the software.
- Generate and maintain documentation as needed.
- You have the opportunity to enrol in part-time NUS graduate programmes at subsidised fees subjected to course entry requirements and eligibility
- Possess a Bachelor degree in industrial systems engineering, modelling, simulation, computing, systems engineering, or other related research fields.
- A good understanding and interest in the nature of innovation ecosystem
- Relevant research experience is preferred.
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, XML.
- Knowledge on Python packages such as PyQt, pandas, numpy.
- Understanding of basic systems design.Able to work independently and as part of a team
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.