Codeplay Software Ltd and Edinburgh Napier University
We are currently looking to fill a KTP Associate position funded by InnovateUK where the post will be located in Codeplay Software Ltd, Edinburgh through Edinburgh Napier University as the employer through the period of the project. Codeplay Software is a world pioneer in defining and integrating standards-based software that accelerate software development and enabling Artificial Intelligence (AI) and High-Performance Computing (HPC). Established in 2002 it developed some of the first tools enabling complex software to be accelerated using graphics processors.
Edinburgh Napier aims at nurturing talent and creating knowledge that shapes communities all around the world. Our innovative research provides solutions to society's challenges, our graduates leave ready for the workplace, and we have wide-ranging links with employers and business.
The role holder will work on a project funded by InnovateUK to develop, test and commercialise a customised deep-learning framework on an open hardware platform for assistive diagnostic applications.
You will be highly motivated in helping to push the boundaries of knowledge and technology in machine-learning-based computer systems with an open toolchain support.
- Hardware-software Co-design and test.
- Implementing machine learning and computer vision for medical images analysis.
- Implementing optimization of medical imaging for modern computer architectures.
- Master level qualification in Computer Science, Electronics, or a related discipline.
- Experience with machine learning techniques and developing software architectures based on machine learning frameworks
- Experience with C++ programming languages
- Experience with any code acceleration paradigm in FPGA
- Project evaluation planning with multiple participants, Written and oral communication skills, Professionalism and highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Practical experience of FPGA integration and programming.
- Knowledge of computer processor architectures
- Experience on SYCL/OpenCL
- Research and development experience or PhD
- knowledge or experience with compilers or other code optimization tools
- Project management in the commercial sector
To learn more about this role, please click here.
Benefits we offer:
25 days holiday plus 15.5 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s over 40 days a year!
Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at Edinburgh Napier website.
More than £4000 Personal Development budget
Closing date: 19th August 2022
Interview date: 8th September 2022
The application will include CV, two-page cover letter regarding your relevant working experience and publication lists.