Lecturer for Department of Experimental Biology
Department: Department of Experimental Biology – Faculty of Science
Deadline: 13 Aug 2022
Start date: 1.9.2022 or by agreement
Job type: part-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Lecturer for Department of Experimental Biology
Workplace: Department of of Experimental Biology, Section of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 2-year contract (with possible extension), academic
Working Hours: 0,8 FTE (part-time employment of 32 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: 1.9.2022 or negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Pay: CZK 34 800,- per month
Application Deadline: 13.8.2022
EU Researcher Profile: R2
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is modern, dynamic and the most attractive university in the Czech Republic with ten faculties, more than 6000 staff and 30 000 students, a wide range of research areas and a strong international position. We are the largest academic employer in the South Moravian Region.
Faculty of Science MU, a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Department of Experimental Biology at the Faculty of Science MU is a modern, fully equipped workplace where individual research groups are engaged in research at all levels - from molecules and cells to whole organisms.
- Preparation and teaching of laboratory exercises in the frame of bachelor study programmes Experimental and Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- Conducting seminars for the basic course of Molecular biology for students of Biochemistry, Systematic biology and Biology for teachers
- Innovation of practical laboratory exercises for master students of Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Training of students preparing final theses focused on microbiological and molecular biological issues in the field of principles of good laboratory practice
- Preparation of standard operating procedures and follow-up teaching materials for laboratory methods used by bachelor's and master's students in the field of molecular biology and genetics
- Opportunity to participate in research projects of the Institute of Experimental Biology
- Supervision of bachelor's and master's theses at the Institute of Experimental Biology
- Participation in seminars in a working group where trained students work
- Popularization of science for the public and high schools
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- The applicant must have Ph.D. degree in Molecular Biology and Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or a related field
- Good knowledge of the basics of molecular biology and mikrobiology
- Qualification for teaching at university level and supervising students
- Good presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability for team work, active approach, initiative, independence, ability to organize work and responsibility
- Active knowledge of Czech language, since teaching is predominantly in Czech. In applicants that are not native speakers is required Czech language exam certificate - level CCE-C2
- Good knowledge of English
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to prof. RNDr. Jiří Doškař, CSc. email email@example.com, telefon 54949 3557.
- Modern environment for scientific work
- Perspective of professional development
- Employment benefits
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, a financial meal allowance, lunches in canteens of MU, Multisport card, vaccinations free of charge, discounted language courses, university cinema discount, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone, childcare group-Campus
The application shall be submitted online by August 13, 2022 via an e-application, please find the reference to the e-application in the beginning and end of the advertisement.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter describing motivation
- Summary of student supervising
- Names and contact details of at least 1 references.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers.
- meeting qualification requirements described above,
- all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or online interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Visit our Career page.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!