Research Fellow, IDS
The Research Fellow will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research and innovation in machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence on trusted collaborative machine learning that lead to publications in top-tier international conferences and journals, as well as real-world implementations.
- Develop new concepts and algorithms in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence for trusted collaborative machine learning;
- Be up-to-date on state-of-the-art methodologies in related technical fields and application domains;
- Develop ideas for application of research outcomes;
- Contribute to knowledge exchange activities with external partners and collaborators;
- A PhD in Computer Science, with specialization related to machine learning, data mining, artificial intelligence or databases;
- Proven ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
- Prior experience in federated learning, Bayesian optimization, or privacy/security research in data sharing would be a plus;
- Experienced in using the latest machine learning, AI, and big data platforms;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills in English
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS