Professional Officer (Radio Frequency)
The Professional Officers Division (POD) houses a centralized pool of academic staff under the Professional Officers scheme. Professional Officers come with specialised and deep technical skills acquired through extensive industry experience. They form the talent pool which brings a much-needed industry perspective to student learning. They facilitate applied learning and applied research in SIT, complementing the academic expertise of the faculty to bring industry practices and applications into the curriculum. Professional Officers leverage on their industry experiences to create authentic learning environments, where discovery and innovation take place. They act as coaches and mentors to students during practical learning activities such as laboratory sessions, Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP). Professional Officers could also lead or work with faculty on industry innovation projects to provide solutions to the industry. In addition to their role in applied learning and applied research, Professional Officers manage the centralised laboratory facilities and resources in SIT. With Technical Officers, laboratory safety professionals, and administrators in POD, they jointly develop central policies and processes for the safe and seamless operation of laboratories in SIT.
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Design and teach labs & practice modules.
- Mentor students in Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP).
- Lead or co-lead innovation projects with industry.
- Manage labs and equipment to support academic programmes and applied research.
- Ensure safety in labs
- A good degree in Electrical/Electronics engineering or a related field. Masters, PhD and/or relevant professional certifications would be advantageous.
- Deep technical specialist with 10 or more years of working experience in electronics or semiconductor industry or related area would be preferred.
- Experience in following areas are highly desirable.
- High frequency device characterization, and semiconductor reliability measurements and testing with fair knowledge in electronic systems design and integration
- Experience with RF circuit design with PCB layout experience
- Working experience with EDA tools such as Cadence or Altium.
- Advantageous to have prior knowledge in areas such as:
- Antenna design
- Familiarity with RF IC design as well as MATLAB and Simulink
- Extensive experience and knowledge of industry practices to bring industry perspective to SIT.
- Keen interest in innovation projects, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- Strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency to keep abreast of development in the field and pursue professional certification programs. Possess industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage.