Research Fellow / Engineer (Energy Efficiency Technology Centre)
The applied research at SIT brings our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place. We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen and energize our industry and the wider community. A Research Engineer/Fellow at EETC has a combination of job responsibilities relating to the following:. For this role, will be required.
- Work with the faculty and companies on energy assessment projects in industrial systems
- Co-develop and co-deliver training in energy efficiency in industrial systems to adult learners and students
- Mentor students in energy assessment projects to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be classroom training, laboratory classes, projects or IWSP. Development of learning activities / materials and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Manage and administer training programmes at the Centre.
- Have deep, hands-on experience in energy assessments and energy efficiency projects in the following areas:
- Industrial systems such as: Chilled Water System, Cooling and Refrigeration System, Mechanical Ventilation System, Heating system, Process Separation, Process Heat Integration, Process Compressor System, Steam and Condensate System, Compressed Air System, Motor Driven System, Power Distribution System and Electric Motors, Combined Cycle and Co-generation System, Lighting System, Renewable Energy System, Process Specific system etc.
- Have at least 5 to 10 years of project work experience in energy efficiency. Certified Energy Efficiency Opportunity Assessor or Singapore Certified Energy Manager will be advantageous.
- Have a Degree in Engineering or equivalent. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Have experience in conducting training programmes for adult learners.
- Licensed LEW (Grade 8 or higher)
About Energy Efficiency Technology Centre (EETC)
In collaboration with NEA, the Energy Efficiency Technology Centre (EETC) at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) aims to be the leading technology innovation centre to support local industries on energy efficiency initiatives.
EETC aspires to promote and develop energy efficiency capability and new technologies in the local energy ecosystem for industrial sectors.
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time